5 Steps to a Covid Test, PLUS pro tips you need to know!
Indigo Urgent Care is supporting your community as we face a high need for COVID evaluations and testing. Here’s what you can expect if you believe you need a COVID test.
Step 1: Choose your care
Online or in-person, our Indigo providers can evaluate your COVID testing needs.
PRO TIPS for walking in:
- Check our website to make sure your clinic is open today
- Come early! We open at 8:00 am
- Review live wait times at nearby clinics to get in the shortest line
Step 2: Check in
Come inside to check in with your friendly Concierge. Be sure to bring your photo id, insurance information and grab a surgical mask from our front desk!
PRO TIPS for saving time at check-in:
- Make a reservation ahead of time to save your spot in line
- Fill out registration forms online and avoid paperwork in the clinic
Step 3: Wait where you’re comfortable
With the high demand for COVID evaluations and testing, wait times are longer than normal. We will provide an estimated wait time and get you to a private exam suite as soon as possible.
PRO TIPS for waiting in line:
- Relax in your car while you wait! We can even deliver curbside tea and snacks
- Text us for updates on your spot in line. We will alert you when it’s time for you to head inside.
Step 4: See our providers
A consult with a provider is required with every COVID test. At Indigo, you can be tested regardless of symptoms, but testing recommendations may vary depending on your individual circumstance symptoms and supply. You’ll get a customized treatment plan to have you feeling better faster.
PRO TIP for time with your provider:
- This is a great opportunity to ask question about COVID exposure risks and vaccination
Step 5: Get results
Once your care providers have determined a testing and treatment plan, your test will begin right away. Upon checkout, our staff will cover any aftercare instructions, provide a record of your visit and let you know when results will be available. Most rapid test results are available within the hour, while supplies last.
PRO TIP for faster results:
- Sign up for MyChart and your results will be uploaded to your account as soon as they are available.
Care Beyond Covid
The pandemic has been difficult to predict, but Indigo has remained a steady resource across Washington. From strains and sprains to flu and allergies, Indigo Urgent Care has you covered.