If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, please go to the nearest emergency department or call 9-1-1. For a mental health/psychiatric crisis, please call 1-800-576-7764 or use one of the following crisis lines.
Check out these frequently asked questions below.
If you're still not sure whether Indigo is right for your condition, or if you have other questions about insurance coverage or fees, please call one of our clinics during business hours. All Indigo Urgent Cares are open from 8 am to 8 pm every day.
Yes, Indigo Urgent Care locations offer COVID-19 testing. Please view our COVID-19 Testing and Services page for the most up-to-date information.
Indigo Urgent Care offers a refreshingly friendly, fast and convenient urgent care experience. When you arrive at Indigo Urgent Care, you will be greeted by a clinical concierge, who will check you in and help guide you through your visit.
Most Indigo Urgent Care visits are 45 minutes or less! We know you’re busy and we value your time.
Indigo offers digital x-ray. This is still one of the most common imaging tools and is used to confirm or rule out minor injuries or illnesses, including fractures and pneumonia.
Indigo Urgent Care offers treatment for minor injuries and illnesses, acute care, as well as initial worker's compensation exams. We offer digital X-rays at all of our locations.
We do not provide full occupational medicine services at this time, such as ongoing treatment for a worker's compensation claim, DOT physicals or drug screens.
Patients who receive their initial worker's compensation exam at one of our Indigo Urgent Care locations will be referred to our occupational medicine partners, MultiCare Centers of Occupational Medicine and Immediate Clinic for their follow-up care.
Sometimes medical problems require additional services, treatments or monitoring not offered in our Indigo Urgent Cares, in which case, we may need to refer you to a local emergency room.
If your medical condition is serious or life-threatening, you should call 911 or have someone take you to the nearest Emergency Department immediately.
We offer a number of on-site lab tests, including strep, UTI, flu test and TB tests. We also send out more complex tests to other labs.
- Yes! All Pierce County Indigo locations offer prescription delivery for a $10 flat fee. If your (or your child's) illness or injury requires a prescription, ask your Indigo provider about our delivery service. It's available from 8 am - 10 pm, every day of the week, including weekends.
While the service is currently limited to our Pierce County locations, we do plan to roll it out to all Indigo locations by early 2021.
If you don’t have insurance, Indigo charges a flat fee of $175. This fee will cover:
- An exam evaluation with a medical provider
- In-clinic lab testing for strep throat, flu tests, UTI, pregnancy (immediate result tests only)
- Medication given during the visit
Your provider may also suggest additional lab testing or other treatments that are not covered under the flat fee above. In these cases, the provider will discuss the reason for the additional testing and ask your approval for additional charges before proceeding.
Our providers are trained to see patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors.
MultiCare participates in a wide variety of health insurance plans, most of which are listed below. Since plan coverage is frequently updated and coverage for specific services varies with insurance plans, it is always best to check with your insurance company for current information about your plan and coverage before seeking any kind of medical care.
Our staff is unable to provide information on what your specific plan may or may not cover.
If you don't see your particular plan listed, contact your health insurance plan (the member services phone number will usually be listed on your ID card) to find out what, if any, coverage is available to you when you receive services from MultiCare.
For more information about these plans, please contact the plan's customer service department or SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) help line at 800-562-6900 – a free service of the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
Commercial Plans MultiCare Participates In:
- BridgeSpan Health
- Community Health Plan of Washington (through First Choice Health)
- First Choice Health
- First Health
- Kaiser Options (through First Choice Health)
- Moda Health (through First Choice Health) Molina Healthcare of Washington
- Premera Blue Cross
- Private Health Care Systems
- Regence BlueShield
- Uniform Medical Plan
- United Healthcare
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
Medicaid Managed Care Plans MultiCare Participates In:
- Community Health Plan of Washington (no primary care services)
- Coordinated Care
- Molina Healthcare of Washington
- United Healthcare
Medicare Advantage Plans MultiCare Participates In:
- AARP Medicare Complete insured through United Healthcare
- Aetna Medicare
- Community HealthFirst Medicare (no primary care services)
- Humana Medicare
- Molina Medicare Options
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Regence Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Medicare Dual Complete
MultiCare does not accept discount card programs.
Yes. All MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care locations allow you to schedule same-day or next day appointments online. Use this website to choose an Indigo Urgent Care location and time that's most convenient for you. Find a location near you.
Like many urgent care clinics, we do not offer ultrasound at any of our Indigo Urgent Care clinics. We offer digital x-ray.
If it's determined your injury or condition may benefit from an ultrasound, we refer you to local services.
8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Yes! Indigo Online Care offers the convenience of e-Visits 24/7 and video visits from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day. Learn more about conditions we can treat with an online visit.
If you think you or someone else could suffer significant harm or die without prompt attention, seek emergency care — or call 911 immediately.
Emergency care is the right choice for treating conditions such as:
- Chest pain
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Numbness in the face, arm, or leg
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe burns
- Sudden blurred vision
- Sudden, severe headache
- Sudden dizziness, weakness, or loss of coordination or balance
If someone becomes ill or is injured and their condition does not pose an immediate, serious threat to their health or life, urgent care is usually the right choice. You should go to Indigo Urgent Care for:
- Cold or flu symptoms
- Foreign object in eye or nose
- Minor allergic reaction
- Minor burns or bruises
- Minor fracture
- Rash or poison ivy
- School and sports physicals
- Scrapes or minor cuts
- Skin conditions
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
Indigo Urgent Care is part of the MultiCare family, which is comprised of eight hospitals, including Allenmore Hospital, Auburn Medical Center, Covington Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Network, Tacoma General Hospital, Valley Hospital, plus numerous outpatient specialty centers, and primary and urgent care clinics.